40000-Series Super Starters feature the torque and speed needed to start large displacement, high-compression engines, made possible by a powerful 3.0 HP (2.2kW) motor and 3.75:1 gear reduction drive assembly. Tilton‚Äôs Heavy Duty solenoid (P/N 54-422HD) comes standard beginning August 2015, allowing 40000-Series Super Starters to reliably handle 16 volts and provide the extra speed needed to spin engines fast enough for locked-out magnetos.
- Powerful 3.0 HP motor and gear reduction provides high torque to start large, high compression engines.
- Heavy Duty solenoid reliably handles 16 volts
- Precision machined components are held to critical tolerances, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Internal vibration damping and electrical insulation provide longevity¬†and maximum performance.
- Thread locking compound is used on all fasteners and are secured to precise specifications.
- Serrated belleville lock washers are used to ensure fasteners stay in place through severe vibrations and heat cycles.
Every 40000-series super starter is made with top quality, 100% new¬†components, assembled by highly trained technicians and¬†individually dyno-tested to assure quality. Over 30 years of listening¬†to feedback from motorsports customers has gone into the¬†constant development of these starters, making them the choice for¬†the most demanding applications. Click on the sample dyno sheet below to see how each 40000-Series Super Starter is checked prior to being shipped:
40000-Series Super Starters are available as an upgrade to many original equipment (OE) starters, and for many specialty/custom applications. Additionally, the 40000-Series is available with standard or reverse rotation on certain models.